Freelance Writing: Simple Tips on Complicated Topics5 Surprisingly Effective Writing Tactics for You
Even if you’re one of those lucky super creative writers who do not believe in writer’s block, your productivity is not always the same. It’s not you. There can be lots of objective reasons for it. You may lack sunlight or vitamins or simply feel exhausted.
Anyway, here are 5 science-backed writing tactics that are surprisingly effective and will help you succeed in any circumstances and any time of the year:
- Take a high-power pose. A recent study has shown that there’s a direct link between your pose, confidence and cognitive abilities. It means that you should stop slouching when working on your writing gigs. Next time, when a certain project doesn’t come easy, try to stand up and make a V with your hands up. Within only 10 minutes in this pose, your brain will receive signals of confidence and it will work better.
- Take a nap. If your eyes are closing, you can give up your attempts to fight it. Even a short nap can help recharge your brain and help you process the information way faster.
- See some green. As you know, colors can influence our mood and productivity. And green is a good friend of writers. Numerous studies have shown that it can improve concentration and motivation.
A couple of long-term strategies:
- Brush and floss your teeth. The better you care for your teeth, the better are your chances to succeed as a writer. When was the last time you consulted your dentist?
- Eat brain boosting products. Of course, you’ve probably heard of it every now and then. Fruits, nuts and seeds are good for your brain. And fast food is bad for you in numerous ways. However, these are not empty words. Simply try to make these small brain-boosting changes to your menu and see what happens.
Have you discovered any interesting or unexpected writing tactics lately? Would you kindly share them with our writers’ community?
Thank you very much in advance!