Freelance Writing: Simple Tips on Complicated TopicsHow to Improve Writing Skills in Just 15 Minutes a Day
When you’ve been into freelance writing for a while, working faster, smarter and better can become your obsessive idea. The good news is that this post will tell you how to improve writing skills in up to 15 minutes a day.
A couple of small routine changes can make a big difference.
Activate Your Second Hemisphere
There’s no secret that one of the hemispheres of your brain works more. Awakening the second one might help you become a more productive writer. It will make your creative and logical thinking synergize, boosting your outcomes. Here are a couple of simple exercises on how to improve writing skills:
- Brush your teeth with your ‘lazy’ hand, the left one if you’re right handed and vice versa.
- Learn to write with your lazy hand. Write a simple phrase (for example, ‘I believe I can fly’) and repeat it day after day. You’ll notice significant improvement soon.
- Use the best left-right brain workout of all times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVdjupsToAE
Try Something New
Sometimes you need to let something new into your life to boost your productivity. It doesn’t necessarily mean traveling into exotic countries or skydiving. Here are less extreme methods you may like:
- Change your accustomed route to the local supermarket.
- Leave your comfort zone – speak to people you don’t know or ask for a discount.
- Wake up before the sunrise.
Recharge Your Productivity
With the modern tempos of life, we often feel overburdened and overtired. However, here’s what you can do to feel much better:
- Don’t check your mail until 11 a.m. if it’s possible. You should complete a number of important tasks by this time.
- Wake up a bit earlier to enjoy your morning coffee and complete silence. Get some time to yourself.
- Whenever you feel broken, sit down, relax and do absolutely nothing for some ten minutes. Don’t read or watch videos. Just look into the wall. Don’t even move. In some ten minutes you will want to get back to work.
How do you usually improve your writing skills? Which of the exercises above sound crazy in your opinion?)