Freelance Writing: Simple Tips on Complicated TopicsWhy You Have to Leave Your Freelance Writing Comfort Zone
A quick reality check: haven’t you got trapped in your comfort zone? Finding a satisfying job with a reasonable salary and not very overwhelming responsibilities is so human. Yet, it’s a proven way to stagnation. Never challenging your talents and working on auto-pilot, you doom your freelance writing career. If you don’t care of all those pages you’re not writing, what about all those dollars you’re not making?
Stretch your boundaries to get better in what you’re doing. Here’s how you can step outside your comfort zone.
10 Easy Ways to Challenge Yourself
So, here’s where your freelance writing comfort zone ends:
- Pick up a topic you’ve never worked with.
- Take a new task – don’t be afraid to master a new assignment type.
- Take orders of advanced academic levels. Don’t let the level ‘PhD’ or ‘specialized’ to scare you away. A bit more research and some careful proofreading will put you to the next level.
- Write more pages per day.
- Write the same amount of pages in less time. Invest the time left in your education or spend quality time with your family.
- Add new projects to your freelance writing portfolio (we hope you already have one)
- Update (create) your account on LinkedIn, add professional contacts.
- Take writing courses (even if you feel that your writing is close to being perfect).
- Join writing forums and become an active member.
- Try to write in a completely new niche – explore copywriting or any other writing domains.
The magic happens only outside your freelance writing comfort zone. Whenever you feel that your working day as a freelancer looks very much like a boring routine, change it. Challenge yourself to be in tonus and to reach new heights.