Freelance Writing: Simple Tips on Complicated Topics7 Things Online Writers Will Regret 10 Years Later
Everyone makes mistakes. The problem is that at the moment we have no idea that the things we do are absolutely wrong. We’ll realize it only some ten years later. Here are most common mistakes of online writers most of us will regret in the future:
- Avoiding changes and growth. Changing something is always scary. Online writers are often afraid to proceed to a new level (write more pages, take up more difficult assignments). However, to let something new and amazing into your life, you need to get rid of something old that brings you down.
- Giving up when difficulties begin. The most interesting things happen only after you leave your comfort zone. Believe it or not, but difficulties often are a good sign. It means that you’re on the right way.
- Controlling every trifle. Sometimes we spend too much time controlling the things which might simply happen on their own. Simply relaxing and focusing on what really matters can be much more effective.
- Sacrificing your interests. Sometimes you try to make a certain impression and agree to work extra hours for a miserable pay or even for free. Don’t become a victim and don’t hesitate to say ‘no’ if you feel that it’s not worth your time and effort.
- Not enjoying the ride. Check yourself – are you waiting for something most of the time? Weekend, vacation, birthday? Try to live in the present moment, filling it with love and joy. Later you’ll be grateful you did.
- Not taking care of your health. Online writers often claim that they have no time for any activities, such as morning exercises or eye gymnastics. It’s not true. Try making short physical breaks every hour and it will boost your productivity.
- Not aiming high. Did you know Theodore Roosevelt said: “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” We often set unnecessary limits to our own dreams. By the way, did you hear of our contest? The $100 prize can be yours if you believe in yourself.
Do you know anything else that should be added to this list of most common online writers’ mistakes?